Lead - Cassie Richardson
Co-lead - Chas Nabi
Assistant Leads: Russell's "Catch di Giorno" & Christina Jones
Conclave is a group of fire performers that unite in honor of the Burn. Beneath the moonlight, just before our Effigy is brought to life Saturday night, traditional Lamplighters will ignite performers to begin this fiery opening ceremony. The act of people dancing and drumming around the fire goes back to the beginning of Burning Man and beyond. This ritual will offer the gift of spirit and fire to the Effigy; and help build the energy needed to fully treasure our symbol for the community and all its hard work.
Participating in Conclave:
ALL PERFORMERS AND SAFETIES ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE CONCLAVE MEETING SATURDAY 2 P.M. @ THE EFFIGY. If you do not attend you will not participate.
- All skill levels are encouraged to join! Though if you have never spun fire before then this is probably not the time to make it your first. We'd be happy to teach you how to at another time though!
- Choreography is encouraged but not expected.
- Must be knowledgeable in proper fueling and safety protocol; which will be covered at the meeting.
- Performers, especially group acts, should find and bring their own safeties to the meeting on Saturday.
- Arrive for Concalve sober, at the designated time, and in fire safe clothing.
- Required to attend the meeting to go through training on proper safety protocol and communication.
- Encouraged to bring fire blankets/duvyentenes to the meeting as well as Conclave- we will try to provide these as well if the budget permits.
- Arrive for Conclave sober and at designated time
Want to lead Conclave at a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training