FAI BOD MINUTES: DECEMBER 2014

MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.
The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at 7:15 p.m. on December 23rd, 2014, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.
The following Directors were present: David, Dusty, Tareq, Jessica, Sunshine (online), Nugget (online)
The following Directors were excused:
The following Directors were absent:
The following acted as secretary for the meeting: David
The following members of the Community were in attendance: Courtney Cadle, Anna Stroup, Tunna Kerosene, Ash Monogue
The reading of the minutes of the last regular meeting was waived as they had been presented for review online.  The minutes were approved as presented by consensus after a motion from the chair, seconded by Dusty.  The minutes for the Alchemy meeting will be submitted to the board for review by January.

In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of Business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting:

  1. Selection of ELT Chair and approval of committee members - by consensus

  2. Approved extra funds for purchase of new APW storage unit - by consensus

The following old business was discussed:

  1. Overdue Minutes (Dusty found personal notes for 18May and 16June)

    1. Priority to get the minutes recreated before January

  2. Board Secretary Process

    1. Courtney Candle will be taking her copy of the minutes and submitting them for review to support her BOD Secretary application

  3. Regional Status

    1. No communication at this time from the BMRCs since the most recent letter sent by FAI

  4. New Venue Committee

    1. Ready to put in a callout for the committee members for Board approval

  5. Committee Updates

    1. PW Committee -

      1. New storage unit secured - Old unit closed -

      2. Focusing on purchasing replacement and other items from APW Year-Round budget

      3. Prepare New PW committee appointments for January meeting

      4. Committee Writeup to be recovered and published

    2. Event Committee Updates

      1. Alchemy 2014 Report write-up needs to be completed.

      2. 2015 EC already working to get meeting schedule worked out

      3. Setting up for the Team Lead callouts, to be more efficient

      4. First ELT meeting scheduled for 7 or 8 January 2015

      5. First TL meeting scheduled for 25 January 2015

      6. Earthskills Conflict with Build Weekend, want to share property

    3. Communications & Community Outreach Committee Updates

      1. Specs for the new website have been submitted to prospective designers - have reached out to 4 burner contacts

      2. Working with graphic design to improve the Alchemist

      3. Annual Report - work will begin in January. Need year end financials.

        1. Stacia is ready to hit it as part of new year.

        2. Dusty will have all his side done soon, too.

  1. Tech Ops Committee Updates

    1. Minutes have been added to website

    2. Ghini and CCOC have been working on layout

    3. Minor website update to make sure ThunderTix is connected properly

  1. Container Investigation - Dusty

    1. Will have from Jacob by end of week

  2. United Rental - unable to transfer to FAI, next event FAI should resubmit paperwork at local branch

  3. Year End Purchasing (Org Level)

    1. Web Hosting - 720.00 credit (1 year @ $60/month)

  1. Domain Registrations - 333.60 (all domains for 2 years, to 2017)

  2. CPA - No new money, overage useful for audit and end-of-year report

  3. Attorney - One phone conversation and two email followups generated no invoice. Tabling til June 2015.

  4. Ticking - $1995 for 5000 tickets.

  5. Storage Unit - 3814.70 (1 year til 12/31/2015)

  6. No charge for MailChimp at this time

9. Board Retreat - Working on scheduling
10. 501c3 Status - sitting down with Jacob in January for requirements
11. Community Art Grant Program - tabled

The following new business was brought before the board:

  1. Bank Statement - Current as of 12/23/2014

    1. Org - 21,096.08

    2. Event - 59,136.00

    3. APW - 972.16

Assignment of money to Reserve, Donation, and Tax line items
Motion by Chair, seconded by Sunshine, passed by consensus

  1. Reserve Allotment - 25,000

  2. Donation Allotment - 10,000

  3. Taxation Buffer - 21,000

  1. Appointment of two new members to the Board, non-voting status

Whereas the Events Committee members have been selected from a strong group of candidates, and

Whereas the Events Committee has two co-chairs that will be communicating between the Board of Directors and the Events Committee, and

Whereas the Bylaws of FAI, Section 3.9, designates that committees with the Powers of the Board to enter contracts and conduct business should have two Board members in membership, and

Whereas the Bylaws of FAI, Section 3.3 (b), allows for the appointment of non-voting Directors,

Be It Resolved that the Board of Directors of FAI appoint Ash Monogue & Tareq Fayyad to non-voting Board seats to end after one year of service or at the selection of new co-chairs for the Events Committee

On this day, the 23rd of December, 2014.

Jessica calls for a vote on the Resolution

  1. Appointment of two new members to the Board, voting status

Pursuant to Section 3.3 (a)(ii) -- appointment of the members brought forth
by referendum, the chair brings forth

Anna Stroup
Tunna Kerosene (Sanders)

With terms beginning Jan 1, 2015, and ending Dec 31, 2016, with a period
of transition, as new voting Directors.

No opposition from the Board, appointed by President

  1. Organizational Development consultant

    1. Networking to get a Strategic Planning Consultant

    2. Looking to find a budget amount

  2. Transition plan for Financial Officer

    1. Getting accounts and signing authority transitioned to new FA

    2. Temporarily assigned to Sunshine pending election in January

  3. Southeastern Leadership Conference (February 7 & 8 in Charlotte, NC)

    1. Theme is Civic Activation

    2. Five slots available

  4. Bylaw amendment discussions - pursuant to OCGA 14-3-804(b), et al. Board sees no change to make at this time, under advice of council.

The board generated the following ACTION ITEMS
Missing Minutes for Feb, March, April
APW Committee Charter to be rewritten with Committee input for recertification
Onboarding Anna and Tunna to the mailing lists
Onboarding Tareq and Ash to the mailing lists
Offboarding Nugget and Dusty from appropriate areas

The board confirmed the upcoming meeting:

January 17th  - 1pm ; Location: Tunna’s  House [2396 Lavista Rd, Atlanta, 30329]
Motion to Adjourn,  9:00 pm, seconded by Jessica; passed by consensus