FAI BOD MINUTES: JANUARY 2015

MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING

OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.

The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at 1:15 p.m. on January 17th, 2015, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.

The following Directors were present: David, Dusty, Tareq, Jessica, Sunshine, Tunna, Anna, Ash

The following Directors were excused:

The following Directors were absent:

The following acted as secretary for the meeting: David

The following members of the Community were in attendance: Ean Loire

 

The reading of the minutes of the last regular meeting was waived as they had been presented for review online.  The minutes were approved as presented by consensus after a motion from the chair, seconded by Anna.  The minutes for the Alchemy meeting will be submitted to the board for review by February.

 

In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of Business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting:

 

  1. Approved Tareq as signatory on the events Account - passed by consensus

 

The following old business was discussed:

 

  1. Overdue Minutes - missing Feb/Mar/Apr; will try one more attempt to reach out to get whatever notes we can -- Jessica

  2. Board Secretary Process -- will reach out to Courtney to set deadline to get in minutes to us (two weeks prior to the next meeting).  -- David

  3. Regional Status -- no movement, tabled until retreat

  4. New Venue Committee -- pending callout

  5. Committee Updates

    1. PW committee - proposal shared, 3 person team + 1 board liaison (could be double duty); description of team to be reset to standard communication document;

    2. Event Committee -- Euphoria callouts, scholarship apps, and other initial announcements have been made; Team meetings are happening, including effigy planning; moved DMV under arts dept; Euphoria proposal submitted; next meeting 25th Jan at 3pm, venue TBD; started on Alchemy proposal; working with property conflict issues;

    3. Communications and Community Outreach Committee Updates -- two drupal designers in contact for website redesign; outreach and donations list ready for publication; Trees Atlanta day upcoming; potential co-chair interest

    4. Tech Ops Committee Updates -- MailChimp set up and template in place (97 people signed up so far); password changes to be scheduled;

  6. Board Retreat

    1. Doodle for scheduling

    2. Investigation of Organizational Development Consultant for strategic planning

    3. Probably going to happen in March, pending location determination

  7. 501(c)(3) Status

    1. Met with council, determined 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), 501(c)(7), split criterion are options; best option really is direct application as a private educational foundation with fundraising events and outreach; app has to be available for public inspection; 990 has to be available for public inspection; annual financial audits must be available for public inspection

  8. Community Art Grant Program - tabled by request

  9. Financial Officer transition - pending election

  10. Southeastern Leadership Conference (February 7 & 8 in Charlotte, NC)

    1. Board suggests the EC submit any attendees they want

  11. Writeup for Property Loss public statement

 

The following new business was brought before the board:

 

  1. Approve Euphoria Event Proposal

    1. Motion to approve by EC, seconded by Tunna; approved by consensus

  2. Motion to approve the TLs as to be selected by the EC on 18Jan2015 upon notification of selection - Tunna, seconded by Sunshine; passed by consensus

  3. Assign New Co-Chairs to Committees

    1. Vote to approve Tunna as Board Liaison to Public Works Committee, and Jaime as Director, with training of new quartermaster and new director by the existing leadership - seconded by Anna; passed by consensus

    2. Tech Ops - Sunshine and David - seconded by Tunna; passed by consensus

    3. Communications - Ash and Jessica - seconded by Tunna; passed by consensus

    4. Community Outreach - Anna and Jessica - seconded by Sunshine; passed by consensus

  4. Vice President & CFO

    1. Vice President Dusty Graham submits his resignation

    2. Chair accepts resignation and thanks him for his year of service

    3. Anna nominated Sunshine to the position of VP, appointed by acclamation

  5. Transition of Financial information to new CFO

    1. to be done on 20Jan2015

  6. Set meeting schedule for 2015

    1. 2nd Saturday of every Month, 1pm

      1. 21 Feb

      2. 14 Mar

      3. 11 Apr

      4. 09 May

      5. 13 June

      6. 11 July

      7. 08 Aug

      8. 12 Sept

      9. 10 Oct

      10. 14 Nov

      11. 12 Dec

  7. Budget determination and design - to be returned by CFO to online discussion

  8. 501(c)(3) status application determination - Will of the Board to proceed, motion to apply by Tunna, seconded by Jessica, approved by consensus

  9. Moving official “Doing Business In” location to a USPS or UPS facility - tabled pending budget; UPS store preferable, closest to storage facility probable location

  10. Bank Statement - Current as of 17Jan15

    1. Org -  $17,709.65

    2. Event -  $28,509.48

    3. APW -  $83.07

    4. Reserve - $25,000.07

  11. Services Accounts - by TechOps, TBD by BOD email list

    1. Update current accounts

    2. Change passwords

    3. Determine access to passwords

  12. Taxes

    1. Smokey w9 for land rental so we can get a 1099 mailed

    2. Citron and Andrew w9 needed

    3. CNC guy, LLC or personal?  Possible 1099.

    4. 1099s for Reimbursements, based on tax status?  To be reviewed.

    5. CPA Meeting?

 

The board generated the following ACTION ITEMS

 

Reach out concerning old missing minutes -- Jessica / 30Jan15

Reach out to Courtney concerning new Secretary position -- David / 20Jan15

Contact Jacob concerning committee minute records -- Anna / 20Jan15

Get names of EC people interested in SLC -- Tareq / 23Jan15

Notify Jacob to update Secretary of State with change of VP - David / 20Jan15

Begin 501(c)(3) application - Jessica / 30Jan15

Look for closest UPS store to Storage Facility for permanent address - Tunna / 23Jan15

Investigate Business License requirements by county in Metro Area with Jacob - Anna / 23Jan15

Begin Budgetary Process for 2015 Outstanding - Sunshine / 17Jan15

Writeup for property loss statement to share with Jacob - Ash / 23Jan15

 

The board confirmed the upcoming meeting:

 

February 21st  - 1pm ; Location:  Sunshine’s House [6380 Dodgen Road, Mableton, GA 30126]; remanded to TechOps for publication

 

Motion to Adjourn,  4:10 pm, by Anna who was impatient with the Chair, seconded by; Tunna,  passed by consensus