Lead - Celeste Watwood
Co-Lead - Emily Jones
Assistant Lead - Chirley
Task Lead - Nadia
Tranquility Base is a space in which participants can reground & regroup during the Burn. This space is meant for those who may need an environment or space in which to better acclimate or adjust to the Burn. Wether your arriving home for the first time, or freshly repacked from the ashes of burns gone by, our space is open to those who have need. The Burn environment offers a wealth of stimulus input, a veritable flood of the senses. These are often very transformative experiences. We are here to assist those who are in need of a calm, grounded space in which to integrate being home.
Want to lead Tranquility Base at a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training